Grassroots Literature Fund
Open For Applications!
We're delighted to announce that the Grassroots Literature fund is now open for applications. The Grassroots Literature fund typically provides awards under £500 to help communities get involved with reading and writing, particularly in areas where funds might be hard to find, or events and projects are not already happening. We’ve funded small festivals, library and school visits, author visits, reader group activities and writing workshops all over the South West. Before you apply, please see out Step by Step guide below:
Grassroots Literature Funding Step by Step
* Read the Application Form, Terms and Conditions and Evaluation Form carefully before you begin your application. Once downloaded, you can type your details directly into the application form and then save it to your computer under your own file name. You will need to download Adobe Reader to do this. Please contact us if you have any questions or if you would like the forms to be provided in a different format.
* Complete and return your application by emailing it as an attachment to email@example.com. It may take up to 72 hours for your application to be acknowledged. Please remember that we make decisions on awards on or around the 15th of each month and it will take up to two weeks to process an award from this point, so it is advisable to bear this timetable in mind when submitting. Please make sure to leave plenty of time between submitting your application and the start date for your activity. Ideally, you should apply for activity that will begin at least two months from the date of submission.
* You can include additional attachments with your application, eg a budget on separate sheet, letters of support or in-kind, match funding and artist CVs.
* Your application will be considered on or around the 15th of the month post-submission. You will be informed of the result immediately, but it may take up to two weeks to release funding. If you are awarded funding you will be sent a copy of the Terms and Conditions, which you must sign and return to us by post before we can release your funding.
* When your activity takes place you will need to use the ‘Grassroots Funded’ logo on all marketing, and save any photographs, media clippings and other marketing we might like to see when you complete and return event evaluation. We use our good news stories to be able to raise funds for future awards. We would love to be invited along to your activities too, though sadly we can’t attend them all.
* When your activity has been completed, return your evaluation and other materials to Literature Works.
* Grassroots Literature is a rolling fund. When funds are empty, the fund will close. If you would like to help us raise funds for Grassroots please (click here)
For up to date news on the fund, please remember to sign up for our monthly newsletter.
Download the forms by clicking the link below:
Trouble viewing the forms? Download Adobe Acrobat Reader here.